Toyota STEM Challenge 2012-13
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Circuit diagram errors

2 posters

Go down

Circuit diagram errors Empty Circuit diagram errors

Post  Robotman Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:43 pm

I have noticed several discrepancies between the circuit diagram in the PICAXE assembly instrucctions and my actual board that came from Rapid.
This could make it hard to diagnose problems if it does not work as expected.

Firstly the 4 motor driver outputs that go to the L293D are shown as being from pins 9,10,11 and 12 when in fact on the board they are from pins 10,11,12 and 13. This correction also removes the error that the pin 9 is shown being used in 2 different places. Also the 330 ohm resistor that is in series with the LED is connected to the positive supply side of the LED and not the ground as shown. If the LED does not light it will be very confusing if you check the voltage on the 330 ohm resistor and find 6 volts.

Would it be possible to correct this diagram and issue either an amended set of assembly instructins or else perhaps have an errata PDF in the downloads section that this information and an amended circuit diagram could be included in.

Overall I think this is a very good board and the kit is very well priced. I'm looking forward to getting our after school groups building it shortly.

Robotman

Back to top Go down

Circuit diagram errors Empty Re: Circuit diagram errors

Post  chriscalver Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi Robotman,

You are quite right, well spotted. I will make sure that the diagram is updated today and we will re-up to the downloads section.
Thanks for the heads up!

PICAXE PinPICAXE OutputL293 Pin

Thanks Very Happy
Chris
chriscalver
chriscalver

http://www.rapidonline.com/toyota

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum