Toyota STEM Challenge 2012-13
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Min Help!

3 posters

Go down

Last Min Help! Empty Last Min Help!

Post  The Indestructible Nerds Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:34 am

Hello,

We are from John Colet School, and we, "The Indestructible Nerds" Cool are entering the solar competition, as brainbusters we are! Wink

First thing, is the videos that are for the Project folder, as out device is still under construction, and is still being thrown around with new ideas, will the project folder require a video of the actual device that we are going to use on Regional final day? It would be a great help if we could build a prototype, last minute quickfire question Smile

And lastly, just to clarify, so theres not a last minuite panic on wednesday, coming up with a new wheels design, do the wheels have to be the ones included in the Starter Kit? and are we aloud more than one motor, although this will really drain things! and more than one solar panel?

Thankyou anyone who replies for your help, first time entering the competition, first the worst Embarassed

Good Luck to all of the Teams, Hope to see you on National Finals Smile

The Indestructible Nerds

Back to top Go down

Last Min Help! Empty Don't Worry

Post  Darrick Wood School Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Don't Worry! It's Half Term week for us so its a bit of a struggle too!
As far as I know, the video can be inserted on the powerpoint but is to be preferably found online (youtube etc.); it should contain video evidence of your team working, and you testing your car on a track (it can just be some tape a few metres long).

Sorry to say, you may only use 1 motor and solar pannel per veichle, however, your solar pannel does not have to be attatched whilst being driven. I don't know about the wheels but I assume that you can change them.

This is our first time too by the way (and we have changed teams around and everything a few weeks before the end)! Hope this helped though
Jack Richards, Captain of Team Innovative Design
Check out our website; www.innovativedesign.webeden.co.uk
Darrick Wood School
Darrick Wood School

http://www.innovativedesign.webeden.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Last Min Help! Empty Re: Last Min Help!

Post  The Indestructible Nerds Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Ahhh Thank You, Yes It is a bit of a struggle! Still got a few pages of the ppt left, but should be finished soon.

Your website looks Very good Wink Cool .... That reminds me...

anyway,

So the Solar Panel Can be detached while the race is on?

Thanks

The Indestructible Nerds

Back to top Go down

Last Min Help! Empty Attatchment

Post  Darrick Wood School Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:47 pm

No, it doesnt need to be attatched, this enables it to be lighter and therefore move faster.
Thanks for the website comment!
If you need any help, just private message me (I am kind of in charge of the computer side of things, and everything else!)
Jack
Darrick Wood School
Darrick Wood School

http://www.innovativedesign.webeden.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  chriscalver Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:28 pm

As Jack says, the solar panel does not need to be mounted on the vehicle but it must be used to charge the capacitor.
You can only use 1 capacitor but you can use as many solar panels and motors as you like. To be honest, there is no real advantage to using multiple solar panels at the competition because the lights we use for charging mean that the capacitor will fully charge with 1 panel in the 15 minutes allowed. sunny
However, in the real world, more solar panels in parallel could reduce charging times in lower light levels. Idea

Regarding the videos, just cover what you have done so far. If you wish to continue to improve the vehicle between submitting the folder and the regional finals, this is fine. I would suggest you reference it in your presentation to the judges at the regional though :-)

You don't have to use the wheels from the starter kit. You are welcome to make your own.
chriscalver
chriscalver

http://www.rapidonline.com/toyota

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum